A device to hold your ailerons in place. This piece is made from ASA plastic which is weather resistant and sun resistant. Will not scratch paint. The aileron gust lock is only required on one side to secure both ailerons. Put it on the pilot side and attach a streamer to it so you will see it. Click all of the options in the drop down lists in order to view pricing.
Safety: beware that these can and will kill you if you do not remove them before flight.
1. the aileron gust lock is only required on one side to secure both ailerons. put it on the pilot side and attach a streamer to it so you will see it.
2. have a place to store the gusts locks in the aircraft to be sure you have everything accounted for a flight worthy aircraft.
3. get in a habit of moving the controls to full motion when you do a preflight inspection.
4. follow your cockpit preflight checklist every time and do a control freedom check.
5. be fully alert when you fly... not sick, tired, or anxious.